For general information: To those shooters coming to Brisbane next week for the TRA-RBA National benchrest championships.
I would like to provide some maps and general layout especially for those people who have never been here before or may not been here since the rebuild of the facility in 2018. Looks like I can post only one or two files at a time so in a second post will add other pictures.
On behalf of the host club (The Hornets Club) I would like to welcome you all to Brisbane and also to our fantastic facility here at BISC.
We have made special arrangements at the borders to allow those shooters from the southern low lands to enter into the wonderful sunny State of Queensland (without daylight savings, because we have plenty of it). LOL
* The facility is called B.I.S.C. (Brisbane International Shooting Centre) and is within the Belmont Shooting Complex. On the east side of the Gateway Motorway (M1)
* The address is 1485 Old Clevland road, Belmont. 4153. QLD.
* This National Championships is being hosted by the Hornets Club under the direction of Target Rifle Australia (TRA).
* The Match director and club president is Stuart Elliott.
* The organisers and workers: The whole Hornets Air Rifle and Rimfire Benchrest Club.
* The Rules: Are generally the WRABF rules of competition http://www.wrabf.com/rules/WRABF%20&%20ERABSF%20RULEBOOK%202013-%202021.pdf
* Please be familiar with the rules and in particular safety and rifle specifications.
* Breech flags for bolt action Rimfire rifles and safety cords for Air Rifles are required on this range.
* A "barrel safety cord' for air rifles is generally a plastic whipper snipper cord out both ends of the barrel.
* We ask that when firearms are being carried around the whole facility uncased that they are carried with the muzzle up.
* Firearms are not allowed to be carried in or out of the glass entrance doors into the meeting room/catering area at BISC. Please observe the signage.
* Entry to the facility with firearms (cased) can only be made through the high roller door on the east side into the "finals range" area or the Western entrance to the range.
* Preparation area and tables for rifle cleaning etc will be provided in that area at the rear of the "Finals Range". This is the ONLY area that rifles can be cleaned or worked on etc.
* At other areas on the firing lines and other access areas, rifles will be either in the rifle racks being stored vertically or on the firing line when called by the chief Range Officer.
* Vehicle access in the front entrance driveway area will be restricted to Handicap pass holders and the catering vehicles.
* Parking is the one thing not in abundance at this facility unfortunately. Additional parking is to the East of the facility around the QRA accomoddation houses etc.
* The 50m Rimfire events will be held on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th on the main range in the middle area using 33 benches.
* The 25m Range to the western end is where the Air Rifle events will be held on Friday 15th using 21 benches.
* Practice day is Thursday the 14th for both Air Rifle (on 25m range) and Rimfires (on the 50m range)
* Scuteneering will be carried out during the practice day on the western end of the 50m Range. This is also where the "test range" is located.
* Any firearms which do not have a confirmed ZERO should be sighted in using that contained test range. NB, the test range is not available for general shooting or ammo testing.
* Armorary facilities are available for secure storage of firearms (in cases). NB: Cannot store other equipment in the armory. Firearms only.
This is all I can think of at the moment. Except to say some people still have not paid their entry fees. Check your email (from Neil) Hornet club email address and transfer the funds ASAP please. Your entry is not confirmed until paid.