Seems like every club is trying to make the experience as good for the shooters as possible.
But what does that really entail ?
I tried to put a few points down on paper to make the Hornets Club shoots a experience each and every shooter would enjoy
Please feel free to comment as everyone has something constructive to help make it a better experience for all.
1. Competitors need to let someone know they are coming or it is impossible to organise anything
2. Tasks shared around to everyone i.e. Scorer, range officer, sign in, coach (new shooters), this gives the ability to run large competitions and have people sick etc and still have a shoot be able to be run.
Being involved gives people a sense of belonging and feeling good they can help
3. Targets should be scored and entered on computer and posted on Facebook or here on Benchrest bulletin so others that can't make can still be involved and records can tracked for end of the year presentations and goals for everyone to aim at beating.
4. Printed scores given out at end of shoot.
People love to know where they came in comp and what score they got or what is the point?
5. Database of running positions for the year and years so competitors can track there progress
6. Bench positions rotated so everyone gets the best/ worst benches at some stage and there is fair competition.
This high lights the need for No 1 point of nominating that you can attend.
7. Competitors hang and bring back their own targets if someone has a sore leg or whatever I am sure someone would be happy to help.(this is for club matches)
8. Trophies given at end of the year party so everyone can cheer the achievements and be encouraged to set there own shooting goals.
9. Free coffee and tea ,Maybe someone can bring some snacks each week on a rotating basis?
11. Promote for greater membership by club Tee shirts or just making those attending feel part of the club
12. Have a quarter yearly shield or cup that gets the winners name put on it maybe dedicate it to a shooter that can no longer shoot
These are points that I have gathered from the best points from all the Brisbane clubs but I am sure there are many I have missed
If the clubs are strong the sport has a future and new shooters come to something that is going somewhere.